Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Rehearsal Night

I had a great rehearsal last night with the RB Chorale. I'm helping with wardrobe again this quarter. So far it's just measuring people for the costumes that need to be ordered. It's a job that needs to be done, so I don't mind that it's not a big job. Everyone is so nice there.

It's funny to see what I ordered for the last show I did with them and compare it to the dresses I need to order for this semester. I'm now down 10 sizes. Or is it 5? Is going from a 20 to an 18 two sizes or one? Anyway... It's significant.

All of the songs we are doing are from broadway musicals. Lots of fun ones. Bits from Lullaby of Broadway, 42nd Street, Everything's Coming Up Roses. We're doing Impossible Dream from Man of La Mancha. I love that one. Very powerful song.

The conductor asked for volunteers for a solo in one of the medleys. It's about 45 seconds in "If They Could See Me Now" from the show Sweet Charity. I chickened out even though I love the song. After rehearsal I spoke with her about being an understudy for the solo. She even mentioned that one person could do the first, and perhaps I do the second performance. I'm pretty excitied, but very nervous. I'm half hoping that she decides not to let me solo.

No comments: