Monday, February 2, 2009

One of the many things I love about my family is their grasp of language. Many of them speak at least two languages. Conversation is fast paced and interesting. I love how they express themselves.

Then I go in to work.

Here is an email exchange I had today with a Customer Service Representative (CSR), edited for read-ability:

Me: I have a request to replace your monitor. Please let me know when you are available for about 5 minutes to have this done. I can do it while you are on a break, if that is more convenient.

CSR: Yes I'll be here. My break is until 2:45

(Now I know that they don't get 90 minute breaks/lunches)

Me: So you're available now? Or are you available at 2:45?

CSR: Yes!

Uggh. I want Thumbs!

Thank you all for being awesome writers. You're an oasis in this world.

No comments: